Ready to Upload?
Send us your file now using this form.
Unless specifically requested by BookLogix all files for book covers, dust jackets, casewraps, text files, and inserts must be supplied in PDF format.
- We accept files submitted via FTP / CD / or USB
- In order for BookLogix to easily identify your files, please name them by your BookLogix Job or Library number supplied by your sales representative on your order confirmation.
- Created with the “press optimized or high quality” preset distiller settings.
- Include all blank pages
- Have all fonts embedded. How to embed a font in an Adobe PDF file.
- Supply at final trim size and without crop marks for non-bleed documents, bleed pages should have image extended 1/4″ past the final trim size and may include crop marks space 3/8″ from the final trim.
- CMYK Color profile for color books.
Things to consider when setting up your files:
- There should be no critical elements printing close to final trim. Use 1/2″ as a “safe zone” around all sides of the cover. Margins for interior pages books are usually a minimum of 1/2″ or more.
- Bleeds: For any images, design features, backgrounds that extend to the edge of the page (final trim), please include a minimum of 0.125” bleed. The bleed should be an extension of the image and will be cut off during the trimming and binding process. When creating the bleed, it is important to not simply enlarge the image but to create additional space that will not affect the overall print quality when removed. Text on bleed pages should not be closer than 1/8″ to final trim.
- To maintain a consistent professional look use “Master Pages” for common book elements such as headers, footers, and tabs.
- Use organized and meaningful file names. example: Title_revision number.pdf Note: File names should not exceed 21 alphanumeric characters, please do not use special characters in file names.
- For images – Both greyscale and color – Please use a minimum of 300dpi and a maximum of 600dpi.
- The most commonly used programs for setting up books include: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft Word (for book interiors). If you have used another program please let us know when you submit your files. Certain programs may lead to additional set-up being needed to ensure book prints in the way the author has intended.