Your Book Can Help Spread your Words to the Community
Mar 18, 2014
Giving back through volunteering is a great way to show you value your community and your business can benefit as well.
- Marketing: Representing your book and your business is a great way to for you to send your message about what you’re all about. You have the opportunity to make a positive, memorable impression that will stay with people.
- Networking: Getting out into your community gives you the chance to develop new relationships and even strengthen existing ones. Word of mouth can be one of the most effective ways to sell your book.
- Skill Development: If you’re volunteering services that are a regular part of your contribution, you may have a unique opportunity to strengthen them in a different context. If you’re giving your time for a different activity, it’s a chance to learn something new that maybe that knowledge may help your business to grow.
So, how can you make the most of your efforts to spread the word of your book?
- Find a cause that speaks to your passion! We all want to spend time doing something we love. You may not think you have much time to spare, that’s why you should find something that complements your business efforts and the audience you’re trying to target that would have the same passion as you. VolunteerMatch.org can help you find opportunities specific to your interests.
- Get your team excited! Are you hoping to get others to join you? Get them excited and make it easy for them to participate. It’ll serve as a great way to encourage people to build something and provide an opportunity for conversation about future efforts and maybe even your book.
- Get the word out! Press releases, Facebook updates, tweets, and more. Let people know that you’re getting out there to help your community, which will also help promote you and your business.
Lending a hand to the less fortunate or providing your product or service to an organization in need are great ways to show you care about your community and makes it possible for you to help promote your book. And the support you’re able to show for your community is sure to be appreciated.